Lemon Cardamom Sugar Cookies
Yield 7-8 dozen
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (11 1/8 ounces/318 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened (8oz/226 grams)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (5 1/2 ounces/160 grams)
- zest from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the crushed pistachios with cane sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, and cardamom in a small bowl. Set aside.*
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy, about three minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla, continue beating until just combined.
- Gradually add in the flour until well incorporated.
- Fill the cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased baking sheet about one inch apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the sides are a light golden brown.
Using a whisk to stir the flour will sift it.
Recipe by OMGfood at https://omgfood.com/lemon-cardamom-sugar-cookies/