Oh, hi! Welcome to OMGFOOD’s first post of 2015!
It’s a short post. It’s a yummy post! It’s basil caesar dressing.
This tasty dressing recipe was inspired by an awesome salad I had when visiting Portland, Oregon back in June and the dressing on it was a basil kefir dressing. As soon as I got back from my trip, one of the first things I made for myself to eat was a version of that salad. Don’t worry, the salad will be posted really soon, too! Until then, secrets!
My attempt at this dressing was a somewhat-paleo approach (it has Worcestershire sauce in it and the kind I have has sugar as an ingredient). It came out really good on the first try; I only made some minor tweaks to make it better (turns out too much garlic is a thing).
This dressing is made with homemade mayo and it’s zesty with a subtle hint of basil. Delicious!
There’s not much more to say about this, really. It’s a tasty dressing that would go good on any salad and it’s easy to make! Especially if you own a small food chopper. If you don’t own one, you should fix that! I use this and it works great (you can use the immersion blender to make mayo super fast).
You should absolutely make this and let me know how you liked it!
Basil Caesar DressingPrint Pin Rate
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- small handful of basil leaves roughly chopped (about 1/4 - 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup mayo
- juice and zest from half a lemon*
- pinch of kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a small food chopper.*
- Blend until everything is well mixed and the garlic and basil are minced.
- *If you don't own a food chopper, finely mince the garlic and basil and mix with the rest of the ingredients.